Before the exciting details like sailing the Med or snorkeling in the great barrier reef, comes, PLANNING. And those plans are done by us. We’ve listed five reasons why the Savvy team is actually your BFFs.
- They WANT you to travel. And not just to travel…to experience EVERYTHING. See the great view! Taste the amazing food! Have the crazy taxi ride! Why? Because anyone crazy enough to work in the travel profession (think 14 hour days without lunch breaks and a to do list that never ends) is CRAZY ABOUT TRAVELLING. They live vicariously through you, and the best part of their day is knowing that you’re having an amazing time. So, a good travel pro will do whatever they need to do to make that happen. Your amazing Instagram post of the waterfall they spent all day trying to get tickets for is like oxygen to them – they care that much.
- We believe in your outrageous bucket list ideas. Do you want to see mountains of Machu Picchu, the iconic Victoria Falls or enjoy your birthday at Disney? How about releasing turtles in Bali or watching a sunset on the Bosphorus in Istanbul? Of course we endorse ALL of your ideas and will help you prepare for that! Surround yourself with friends who believe in the craziness of your ideas and keep closer the friends who’ll get you the best flight, accommodation and transfer deals.
- They’re available. On hand. A phone call away. And it shouldn’t matter that it’s 3am in South Africa when you call because the transfer driver hasn’t shown up or the tour operator is late, or you’ve lost your boarding pass because a good travel pro (and bestie) should always be there for you when you need them. Read Tyleene’s article on how Travel Savvy brought her home to her parents, safe and sound. If we haven’t stressed this enough, we really are here for you.
- They’re always up-to-date on the latest (travel) goss, and happy to share the info. So when The Donald changes all the rules on the US visa application process, you’re the first person they tell. When Boeing decides to ground all their 737 Max’s, they’re immediately checking to see if you’re on any of those and making a plan. When things get weird in Cairo and there’s a panic about safety, they’re ensuring you have all the info to make an informed choice. No travel bestie would keep their favourite adventurer in the dark!
- Travel is therapy and we want you to be happy and healthy. Of course you can be sad, sit on your couch, watch Greys Anatomy and drink hot chocolate. OR. You could actually have epic adventures in on a planned trip through Europe on a Contiki or TopDeck. Or we could help you hop on a plane, book you a hotel in Mauritius and you can journal your feelings in Grand Baie. However you choose to bring wellness to yourself, we support you!
However we can make your life a bit more incredible, we will. We are your best friends after all.